Performance night is over. Decent night overall. Nobody was dirt horrible, but definitely a few weak ones.
Here are my rankings.
Top Tier
1. Crystal - didn't know the song well, but liked it. Very bluesy, good vocals, even her stage presence was better. The song was peppy and cool.
2. Casey - from sheer vocal and my preference of style, thIs was pretty good. Girls, don't let Casey fool you, I think he's a good singer too, not just a pretty boy.
3. Lee - pretty good. Seems to be getting more comfortable on stage.
4. Big Mike - great vocals, good song, stark performance, but nice.
Next Tier
5. Siobhan - not bad, she's just grating on me a bit.
6. Katie - pretty good vocals, but I'm just not buying the sassy "I'm gonna act older" thing.
7. Tim Urban - look, I found very little to like about this whiney, pleading,annoying performance, but he wasn't that bad. Clearly trying to appeal to his teeny bopper base.
8. Aaron - sigh. It was the karaoke moment of the year. OK vocals, but everything else was cheesy and bad.
9. Andrew Garcia - Surely his time has come. If that were ever to be on the radio in my car, I would wreck on purpose to stop it. Maybe just a fender bender.
So, my bottom 3 are Tim, Aaron and Andrew, with Andrew and Tim leaving. I think Aaron will survive.
Vote in the bottom 3 poll.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I agree with your assessment, but I just read on another blog that there are a lot of people thinking that Tim will win it all. If that happens, I think I will be breaking up with Idol. Simon's already taken anyway, so what else is left.:)
ReplyDeleteHopefully it's the Idol haters passing this Turb will win stuff around.
ReplyDeleteIf I think back over the last 8 years, for the most part, Idol has gotten it right. Oh, maybe there wasn't much difference between the top 3 in talent and in some years anyone of them could have won.
But usually, supremely average singers such as Tim Urban, don't survive past the really good ones.
He may beat out an Andrew or Katie or Didi, but will he really beat out a Crystal?
Let's hope not.
I also read an article where the writer said Tim has a very good chance to win....and this guy (the writer) didn't want that to happen but said with Turban's support from the Idol haters it was a real possibility! If that happens, Idol should shut its doors....let this be the last season because it will have become meaningless.
ReplyDelete