Oh wow! Where do I start?
First of all, how can you hate a show that introduces you to Justin Bieber? And was he squeezing his junk during Ryan's interview? It looked like it. I'd go back and look again at the Tivo, but I'm afraid I'll see it again and I don't really want to see a 16 year kid old squeezing it. I thought maybe Ryan was making some odd joke, but I looked it up. That guy really has a top selling album. I listened to 10 seconds of a preview of one of his songs on iTunes and turned it off. Not so good, really.
However miserable his music would make me, pictures like the one above make me laugh really, really hard, although I'm not sure why. Whoever made him a big star deserves their money.
Anyway, I did hate the results show. I'm in my 50's now, but that show made me feel 80. Except for mild enjoyment to see good ol' Ruben Studdard, I enjoyed very little about the rest of the show. Man, Ruben is big and tall.
Usher had some pretty good moves I guess, but what is up with the electronically modified voices? I couldn't listen to it in my car.
And P. Diddy - Dirty Money? He's looking a little chunky. If he's getting paid for singing or performing that song, it probably should be called dirty money. As I prepare to hit the sack for the night, I'm afraid that "Hello - good morning" song will be ringing in my subconscious all night and not because I liked it.
I thought the highlight of the show was Big Mike tossing Ryan Secrest around like a ragdoll. My second favorite moment was Simon telling whiney Secrest to get out of his face. Ryan WAS annoying tonight, but Simon is always that way, so...
Alas, goodbye to Didi. Looking good, but sounding awful. If American Idol was all about crying, she'd be in the finals. It reminded me of the Seinfeld show where his girlfriend cried when she dropped her hot dog. As someone who has sung in a choir for some time, that girl could over-grind any diphthongs in any language. And no guys, that has nothing to do with underwear.
As for Tuesday. I REALLY liked Crystal's version of Midnight Train to Georgia. It wasn't perfect, and she looked nervous, but if she recorded that in a studio I might actually download it. It was a white soul version of the Pips song and I liked it. Probably because I'm a white boy, I don't know. But again, I felt very positive about her performance.
I also liked Big Mike and Casey. Both of those guys can sing, and do pretty well on the stage.
I'm still not getting the Lee thing. I mean I think he's capable, but I don't get the fawning over him from the judges. To me, his voice grates a little and he's almost always pitchy. Frankly, I'm prone to like remakes of old soul songs in a new way, but I wasn't a fan of his yelly version. It made me yearn for the original which I didn't like much the first time around.
Wasn't comfortable with Katie's singing Aretha. It seemed goofy for someone so young to sing that song, although she sang it OK.
Tim Urban. Another week of him leaves "Idol Steve" a little depressed. Didi's horrible performance saves Peter Brady look alike. I mean I look forward to the train wreck that is Tim Urban each week, but I want him kicked off for stinking every week too. I'm so conflicted about this.
Below is a picture of Peter Brady / Tim Urban, although Peter Brady had better teeth.
Likable Aaron was, well, likable. OK in my book, but nothing to write home about. I do like the fact that a 16 year old kid from PA wears cowboy boot.
Andrew was better this week, but his voice is too mousy or something for me. Every time he starts a song I think "Oh my! He's starting too high!" Then I realize he's not starting too high.
Which brings us to Siobhan, or Siobhan, or Shivan, or Chiffon or whatever. If you picked her to win, don't spend the prize money yet. She was pretty bad and deserved to be in the bottom 3. Heck, even Tim Brady, er, Urban was better than her this week.
Be prepared for these stupid Peter Brady / Tim Urban references until he's kicked off the show. I just can't seem to get enough of it. Did you see Maureen McCormick in the audience? She was there to support Tim. Ha ha. Another Urban/Brady joke.
Will post official standings tomorrow.
Oh, yeah. we predicted two of the bottom three. Most of us had Siobhan in the bottom 3. Tim and Didi were locks.
Peace. Out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Well Steve after that carefully thought out commentary....what more can be said...you surely didn't miss much. I simply can believe that our boy skated by another week?! Not a good start for me.
ReplyDeleteYes - we need Tim to go. Soon. Please. Assuming he does go this week coming, then I think about 4 or 5 of the remaining ones will contest for the following weeks bottom three, Will actually start to depend more on their performance that week. Personally, Crstal and Mike are the only 2 I can see being as successful careerwise as people like the previous winners and some second placers (Adam, Clay Aiken, David Archuleta).
ReplyDeleteLee is starting to grow on me (no, not literally, idiot)....and I wish now I had placed him higher in my picks....oh well. Timbo and Katie need to go - soon.....cute as they are I've heard better at high school talent shows...and I've been to my fair share of those! I'm still a Siobahn believer....I predict she'll bounce back with a vengeance. Crystal and Mike are solid performers....no question there....just not so sure they can be as versatile as they'll need to be to make it through. And, what can I say about precious Aaron....he is adorable...and an excellent singer....aka....David Archuleta. Andrew does nothing for me vocally or in the looks department; Casey, of course, has the looks and the vocals but not the personality....but he may sneak into the top 3 before this is all over with. Onward to next week!
ReplyDelete